The Equestrian Social Media Awards winners are being announced. Congratulations, all!
Archive for the ‘Quickies’ Category
We baked horse treats today! The horses loved them and they were great for getting exuberant chiropractic stretches.
Here is the recipe we used. Modify it to your taste and try adding fun things! We suggest apples, brans, or barley.
2 cups of dry oatmeal
1/3 cup cup grated carrots
3 tbs molasses
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup milled flax seed
Combine all ingredients. Add enough water to make a soft dough (about 1/4 cup). Stir well then form cookies. Bake at 350 degrees for 8 – 10 minutes.
Here are some notes I took while watching the Savvy Club DVD from July 2010. It’s a really neat watch and will have you clapping.
- The student must supply the dedication and perspiration.
- The horse’s confidence in the human gives confidence in new places and situations.
- Confidence is the friendly game.
- Horses don’t want human praise but safety / play / comfort.
- We want a combination of exuberance and obedience in our horses.
- Expect a lot. Accept a little. Reward often.
- “If you want a robot, buy a motorcycle.”
- When you’re at the horse’s face, let him touch you first. If you want to touch him first, approach his withers.
- Horses only sleep 3 hours a day.
- Left-brain horses are thinkers. They must move their mind before they move their feet.
While I am traveling, I thought you might enjoy my personality profile. Please click on the “About” tab at the top of my blog.
Also! We now have our own domain name. Please change your bookmarks to: